Friday, January 2, 2009

New Year New Blog


Hi and Happy New Year! I have kept a journal for the past 34 years, yet this is a new experience for me. I have been following the blogs of my girls for several months now and have decided to join the blogging community. Here are the goals I have set for myself for this coming year: Note goals, not New Years resolutions. New Years resolutions have the aura of failure attached to them. Goals are usually do able.

1. Work on my blog at least once a week.

2. Keep my journal up.

3. Apply for my teaching licence.

4. ????????? Let you know when I figure that one out. If ever!


These are my rules for goal setting:

1. Never set a goal for yourself that depends on someone else to accomplish something first. (You have control only over yourself, never over anyone else.)

2. Set a place and time to do what is necessary to accomplish the goal. (For example, work on my blog every Sunday evening.)

3. Be flexible. If something comes up to make the goal not do able, alter the goal to fit the new circumstances.

1 comment:

  1. I like it! Especially the last rule for goal setting...I think I may just have to adopt that!

    ReplyDelete