Saturday, January 31, 2009

Temples

I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, and a big part of my life has been centered around the temples. This morning we took some friends and family and went to the new Draper, Utah Temple open house. It is beautiful and not that far away. Yet, not as close, as the Mt. Timpanogas Temple. It is 1 mile from my front door to the Mt. Timpanogas Temple.

As a child living in western Idaho, the closest temple was in Eastern Idaho, at Idaho Falls, an 8 hour drive. I remember the first time going to Idaho Falls Temple and being so glad to see it after such a long drive. I was endowed (made covenants) in the Idaho Falls when I turned 21. That was 33 years ago. The other day I was contemplating on the temples and my experiences in the differing ones that I have attended. When I was a child there were 13 temples in the whole world, and you could pretty much name and make a goal to attend every temple. Today I looked at a list that had 144 temples on it, with the Draper Temple being the newest one completed and 9 more in the process of being built. Then I sat down and listed all the temples I have attended and seen. Even my modest list has more on it than the list I grew up with.

So here is a list of the temples I have been to, and the ones that I have at least seen from the outside.
Idaho Falls ID
Salt Lake City UT
Washington DC
Boise ID
Bountiful UT
Logan UT
Jorden River UT
Mt. Timpanogas UT
Provo UT
Manti UT
St George UT
Ogden UT
Las Vegas NV
Oakland CA
Las Angeles CA
Laie Hawaii
San Diego CA
Montecello UT
Colonial Juarez Mexico
Draper UT
Oquirrh Mountain UT

The temples pictured above are: Top to bottom - Idaho Falls, Mt. Timpanogas and Draper.
To view more pictures of temples visit: http://www.lds.org/ click on Family History and Temples, then click on Temples around the World.





No comments:

Post a Comment