Saturday, February 28, 2009

Hate

Why do people hate? I'm serious, why do people hate? I met a young lady today. She was beautiful, until she opened her mouth and started spewing hate. What was worse, her 3 year old daughter was spewing the same words of hatred and she (the mother) was proud of how cleaver her little one was. You know what was really sad, she claimed to be a follower of Jesus Christ. I don't get it. How can you claim to follow Jesus and yet feel so much hatred toward a specific group of people, that all you can teach your children is hate. She had all kinds of reasons why she and hers, were superior, to the group that are the object of their hate. I don't get it. I came home and cried.

1 comment:

  1. Awww, Momma! I'm not sure why people can overlook their cruelty and meaness, especially when it is the cost of someone else's happiness. Just remember this quote: "Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than the hated."-Coretta Scott King
    Even if that woman may have not gone home and cried like you did, her insecurities,ignorance and prejudices will haunt her in the future.
    I love you Momma. I am grateful for the wonderful and beautiful person that you are. You have one of the kindest hearts that I know. You have blessed so many with that heart of yours. Thankyou for being YOU.

    ReplyDelete