Saturday, May 30, 2009

Florida

Life has been very busy since I wrote last. So much has been done and so much more to do. I will write about them when I get pictures of these activities. Right now I need to brag about my children and the wonderful people they are married (or soon to be married) to. For Mother's Day they gave me an all expense paid trip for 2 ( of course Michael and I) to southern Florida. This is where I served my mission over 30 years ago, and I have never been back. I have a list of things I need to do before we go. Yet as I accomplish each thing, I joy in knowing that I will be that much closer to going to FLORIDA. The date that we leave for Florida is July 23 and come back July 27. We have round trip tickets, a hotel room and an unlimited mileage rental car.

At first I could not get my mind wrapped around it, I think it was shock. As each day gets nearer, I get a little more excited. I just love Florida, I love flamingos, and palm trees and days that rarely ever get really cold, and sitting on the beach to watch the sunrise over the Atlantic. I love Key West, where you truly can get lost from the rest of the world, and seeing pelicans flying in front of a fantastically large moon. It was in Florida that I first realized that "every cloud has a silver lining" was a true statement, because the clouds in Florida do have silver linings. I love the sight of an alligator sunning itself, with tiny baby alligator sitting between it's eyes, and the dolphins. I love gardenia's and orchids.........


Yeah, I LOVE Florida.










No comments:

Post a Comment