Sunday, November 22, 2009

Quad Bypass Surgery


Last Wednesday, Michael was rushed to the hospital with something wrong with his heart. It really hurt and he couldn't breath. They did an angiogram and discovered lots of clogged arteries and an aneurysm. The best choice was to take care of them, so on Thursday, he had a quadruple bypass surgery. I have spent the last 5 days at the hospital. Micheal and I are both very tired.

Today they removed the last of the tubes and wires that he had and he is feeling a whole lot better. I wonder how he will be feeling when all the pain meds wear off. Tomorrow I work and right after work I go an get him to bring him home. Six week recovery time (that is how long it takes for bones to heal, and they cut right up the center of his sternum). I will be so glad to have him home and life closer to normal.

2 comments:

  1. Aw, Papa. So many guardian angels watching over him. I'm so glad he's home. I bet you are even MORE glad! We are so excited to see you guys! Just think, this time tomorrow, we'll be there! Yay! Edana said that she was going to "kiss Grampa's bandaid and take it off". She also has been adamant to pray for Grandpa. I love my little girl and how much she loves everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eric and I wish a happy recovery period to both of you! I'm glad you caught it in time! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete