Thursday, December 10, 2009

Leaning Christmas Tree

With all the blessings we have had this year, something just had to go wrong. Last year, when we put up the tree, we had to jury rig the stand to get it to stand up at all. I had made a promise to myself to fix it for this year. I forgot. This year we got to stand straight, at first, then one evening it did a slow topple to the right. There it will stay, for if I jury rig it again, I will, again, forget and it won't be fixed and ready for next year. I keep thinking to myself, that if this is the worst thing that could happen to me, this or any year, I am truly blessed. So after Christmas, yet before New Years I will take down the tree and create a stand that will stay staight for next year. You want to know the truly amazing thing. We have always had a section of lights that don't stay lite so we turned that section to the wall. Well when the tree fell the unlite section turned on for the first time. See, even a leaning Christmas tree can be a blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment