Saturday, November 12, 2011

Doilies

First a disclaimer, I did NOT make this doily.  It was knitted by a lady in my neighborhood.  I am jealous of her skills with the knitting needle.  I love this doily and wanted to display it in my home.
This is a doily I did make.  Not as fancy, nor as lovely, nor as large, but I did make it myself.  I even forgot to weave in the string and cut the end off.
This is what I did with those two doilies.  I glued them to a canvas and then I covered the whole thing with white paint.  I love it!  White on white is hard to see.
Here is another picture, taken while it hangs on my living room wall.  Yep, I love it.  I got the idea from pintrest.

1 comment:

  1. I saw this the other night on my phone, and it is so gorgeous and inspiring, I was trying to comment on it right then and there. But I couldn't get blogger to work on the phone.

    So, a few days late, this is really cool, and it gives me a GREAT idea!

    ReplyDelete