Thursday, May 3, 2012

Crockpot Carmel


 My most favorite treat, is Carmel apples.  I just love Carmel and apples, together.  I don’t get them very often, because making good Carmel can be a pain, until I came across this recipe.  I grabbed a can of sweetened condensed milk, my crockpot and had a go at it.  Once it was cool, I opened the can and the next thing I knew an apple was gone.  That evening, my Hubby ate half my other apple and half my left over Carmel.  I bought more apples, need to make more Carmel.  So here we are at the second batch. To make Carmel in a crock pot is the goal. 
Supplies:
A Crockpot
Water
A can of sweetened condensed milk (fat free works too)
Can opener (not shown)
An apple cut it to slices
Fill your crockpot with water. Put the can of sweetened condensed milk in the water.  Make sure it is completely covered with water.  You may remove the label from the water when it floats to the top.  Leave the lid on the crockpot.
 Put the crockpot on high, until the water comes to a boil. Turn it to low and let it boil for 4 hours.  Turn off the heat and let it cool.
Once the can is cool, use the can opener to remove top and expose the Carmel. 
Grab an apple slice and dip.  (Just because I use it for apples doesn't mean you have to.)
  Eat! Yum!  Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I've always wanted to try this! I was skeptical about it actually working.

    ReplyDelete