Thursday, June 14, 2012

June: a beautiful, hard month.

What a beautiful, hard month it has been so far.  On June 1st, MDH's mother died of cancer.  The next day (June 2nd) his ex-brother-in-law (Walty) died from a stroke.  On June 5th, my very dear friend Perry died, and on June 7th, MDH's father died from Leukemia.  We didn't make it to  Walty's funeral on June 6th. We held Perrie's funeral on June 9th, and we held one funeral for both MDH's parents yesterday in St. George, UT.  I miss them all.  Now I just have to get through the rest of the month and it's challenges.
June 20th is Pack Meeting.  We will be shooting off 2 liter bottle rockets.  I still have to make my rocket. 
Somewhere around June 26th, this wonderful young man, my son, will be deployed to Afghanistan.  We will be leaving on June 22nd, to send our love with him
and then bring his wife and 2 beautiful children home to live with us until his safe return (around 9 months from now).
June 28th is Cub Scout day camp.  The next day, June 29th we head back to St. George to  clean out and prepare for the sale of MDH's parents home. 

 June has been a beautiful, hard month and will continue to be so.
I am strong.  I can do hard things.  I can also see the beauty.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, what an incredible load you have had. I feel the most for Perry... I feel as if I know her, after your beautiful posts about her and your service toward her.

    Hang in there. Good things come to good people, and you are good people. My thoughts and prayers are with you, and we'll be keeping your son in our prayers, too.

    ReplyDelete